A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, October 18, 2004

Errors are egalitarian

OK, so recruiters sometimes make mistakes when they post job adverts. Big deal, I still have to apply.

This morning I wrote a covering email to a job and sent it off. Just before phoning the recruiter I called up the text of the email I'd sent him.

To my horror it included the phrase "... I very keen to work in the City again." I had missed out the "am".

Not pleasing. In reality, however, most recruiters don't read covering emails. I don't think this one had and he seemed to think my c.v. might be appropriate. He should know more later this week.

This is becoming a regular response. It seems that agencies start the recruiting process before they receive the full job specification.

My excuse for the above error is due to lack of sleep. There was a problem I had to deal with most of last night. Don't want to go into it but it means I'm a bit sleep deprived now.

Just a bit, mind, I've still done a full day's job hunting. I don't want to give any recruiters reading this (there must be so many) the impression that I'm a wuss who can't miss a night's sleep. Hell no, I'm an IT professional damn it. Just a sligthly tired IT pro at the moment.

No comments: