A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Oh yes

So how did the telephone interview go?

Very well, thank you. The interviewer asked me to spend around 15-20 minutes going through my career history. Six minutes later I had gone through over a decade of work. As most of you won't know I speak very slowly. When I give presentations I have to speed up my speech rather than slow it down like most people. Still, I am succinct (sometimes).

This brevity, however, seemed to be well received. The interview proceeded. I don't remember actually getting too much opportunity to sell my skills and experiences but she started to talk about meeting in person.

The interview concluded nicely and I phoned the recruitment agent handling it to give him a debrief.

Although I was pleased at the response I know that being told you've got the job, or the second interview, means nothing. It needs to be a bit firmer.

Three hours later the agent phoned me to arrange a second interview, face-to-face, next Wednesday.

No comments: