A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Note to self

"Try to resist the temptation to call the Second Worst Recruitment Agency in the World."

They had re-advertised a role so I called the agency to see if they could have another look at my c.v.

The person to whom I spoke was basically a dim-wit who should be taken outside and shot. Slowly.

For goodness sake this is one of the leading recruiters in the City. How on earth?

Being an ueber-diligent bunny I use any excuse I can to phone agencies. Another agency had also re-advertised a role so I phoned them today as well. They took time to talk with me, looked at my c.v. and were happy to send it across to their client. It's a potential win-win: I might get a job in which case I solve the agency's requirement to find someone.

No comments: