A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Security clearance

I don't go for jobs requiring security clearance for one of the following reasons:

A. I'm a major league criminal who has had lots of convictions
B. I'm head of an active service unit for the Chelsea Liberation Front (campaigning vigourously for a Chelsea which is independent from Kensington)
C. my membership of the KGB is still active
D. I can't be arsed to fill out the forms and wait many months for SC status.

If you selected any answer other than D go away, I don't want you reading my blog.

I was actually security cleared when I worked for an investment bank in the City some years ago. I also had to sign the Official Secrets Act. But security clearance only lasts for six months (I think) after you've left that position.


No comments: