A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, October 18, 2004

Bodyshopping

There's a hierarchy of recruitment companies.

Some are very top flight. They style themselves "executive search and selection consultants". The female consultants are all terribly attractive in an "I live in Chelsea" way. Which I quite like (oh, and I used to live in Chelsea too).

Anyway then you get "recruitment consultants". If you're male and married, or in a committed relationship, you could probably use these instead of the executive S&S companies.

After that it's a bit of a mix, with them mainly categorised as "recruitment agencies". Another term can be "bodyshoppers".

Today I got a call from someone about a job. I told him I didn't have the skills required. I also reminded him that we'd actually spoken a week ago about another, more suitable role.

"Oh yeah".

No comments: