A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, October 29, 2004

Dedication

The postings today on this site are due to the terrestial television schedulers of BBC, ITV and Channel 4.

I would have happily sat down and vegged out on TV. But no chance, not with the dross that's on.

For some reason channel Five isn't available on the set but I see no reason to correct this. Also, I don't see any reason to get cable or satellite TV; it seems the more choice you have the less choice you have.

I know this is straying danagerously into the Dire Straits' realm of "fifty odd channels and nothing on TV" or something.

Dire Straits are not one of my favourite groups, to put it mildly. I felt they peaked with "Sultans of Swing" and then went downhill badly. Oh, and I'm right about this so don't argue.

So, although I'd really like to veg out in front of the TV the schedulers have snookered me in a four pronged pincer movement (if that's possible) of rubbish.

No comments: