A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, October 18, 2004

Hallucinations

When I had my accident two years ago I spent a while going in and out of consciousness. At the beginning, for the first day or two I think, it was more a case of occassionally becoming conscious. The memories I have of that time are a bit out of sequence.

During the first day I hallucinated. I know that. Before and since, however, I haven't hallucinated. There's been no call to.

Yet last week I spoke with two agencies who said they'd send over job specs for me to review. When I phoned them today:

- one said they never had a job spec
- the other swore that he'd sent it.

As you now know, I don't do hallucinations. So it must be them. Maybe it's the same disorder which makes agents say they'll call you then never do.

[When women are upset because their boyfriends havn't called them, maybe they should just stop dating recruitment consultants.]

Nevertheless these two agents were good to talk to and both had sent my details to their clients.

No comments: