A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, October 15, 2004

Stoicism

What was I going to write about?

Oh yes.

I think most people who know me would agree that I'm reasonably calm about things. Certainly at work I haven't flapped too much. In fact, a criticism was made of me that I under-reacted to problems. This meant I wasn't running about like I had set my trousers on fire and was wondering who I could blame. This was the SOP for that place.

Today TWRAITW phoned about a job in Paris. I was really quite excited. This is despite having been lied to, misled, mistreated and made redundant by certain companies. And knowing friends who right now are being treated in the same way.

The proper response is tired cynicism. Sorry, but I still get a bit excited.

No comments: