A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

It's arrived

From Amazon, "Guide to Enterprise IT Architecture".

Well, I guess it's time I knew what the fuss is about IT architecture. I have read a review which slated the book's prose. And having had a quick glimpse through the book it does seem a bit messy: mixes of fonts, poorly laid out tables and things. But, from the ISEB reading list, it seems the most generic book on the subject.

I'm not sure it'll give as much pleasure as my new electric toothbrush but hopefully in the longterm it'll give more utility*. In the short-term it'll probably give me a headache.

(*Those with an interest in economics should feel free to discuss, in the comments, the difference between utility and pleasure, and how you can compare the value of these.)

No comments: