A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Selling

Like this morning I couldn't find any jobs to which to apply.

Bother.

So, I went through my database, looking at agencies who have "bitten" me in the last few months.

I called as many agents as possible. Often the job had gone on indefinite hold. But I wanted to see if they had anything else suitable.

A couple said they might well have.

This luke-warm-calling exercise may just pay off. It keeps me in the minds of agents. It also reminds them that I actually can do two things:
  • Thing no. 1: support and infrastructure team management
  • Thing no. 2: project management.
Most times I apply for roles requiring only one of the above skills, sending a c.v. focussing on those skills. This could mean that agents aren't considering me against all suitable roles.

No comments: