A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Consideration

Normally, when I apply directly to very large organisations, the belated reply is a standard:

"thank you for applying ... very impressive skills ... but unfortunately ..." etc etc.

About a month ago I applied for a job in Amsterdam with a large multinational.

Last week they sent back a personalised reply.

This reviewed their analysis of my c.v., spotting that I had worked in a bank's back office environment and managed relocation projects. Very good. But it was for this reason they were rejecting me.

No comments: