A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

LinkedIn etiquette

Interesting article about using LinkedIn and other networking tools.

I particularly approve of:
  • writing personalised messages rather than using the provided templates
  • abiding by the "rules" and not enclosing your own email address
The latter arises because you can circumvent LinkedIn's own paid-for feature if you include your own email address in your details. I do actually mention my own web-site (not this one) in LinkedIn and you could find my email address from their. But I doubt many people would go there from LinkedIn - which is a pity as it has a nice display of my skills.

No comments: