A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, November 11, 2005

A bite

Bloody hell. My mobile phone rang today.

Just before lunch - my lowest point of the day.

It was an agency to whom I had applied this morning. Although I was going to phone them, after lunch (one of the three most important meals of the day), it would have been half-heartedly.

I'd seen similar adverts from this agency before. I'd even applied to them. But they had no named contact. This advert was different; not so much in the details but in that they gave a name and a contact number.

Anyway, the agent called before I was going to call her. Good chat, she sent me a job spec, I ever so slightly modified my c.v. and gave a three-line summary of my appropriate skills. She's sent these details onto her client (a rather massive financial company).

Good end to a rather dismal week. After all, I could only apply for four jobs, one below my psychologically important target.

No comments: