A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, November 17, 2005

Another bite

I tried a few times to get through to one of the agencies to whom I sent my c.v. yesterday.

Eventually got through but the agent hadn't received my c.v. This sometimes happens. He talked through the rôle giving some details. But he really needed to get hold of my c.v.

So I sent it to his direct address with read receipts set. When, after a while, I didn't get any acknowledgement, I sent the same email via my rocketmail account.

Later on I phoned him and he confirmed he'd received that email. But he was busy, so would have to talk to me later about the job.

Much later (well, two hours later) he phoned. He started talking about the client but it rang a bell with me, "hang on". I checked my notes. Someone had already spoken to me about that rôle with that client. It was him earlier on!

He went through exactly the same spiel as before then said he'd send my c.v. onto the client. Hurray!

No comments: