A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Keeping a secret

Although I didn't apply for the job with MI5 (the UK's security service) I have been wondering how people deal with the fact that they've once worked for a secret government agency.

I mean, even with the most civil servant mindset things can happen (e.g. want to move out of London, desire a change in career, family demands, cover blown etc - these things can happen to anyone) that make you want to leave. So what do you put on your cv?.

Well, apparently you put in your c.v. that you worked for "MI5".

I found this out by searching LinkedIn for "MI5". To my surprise I got quite a few results.

LinkedIn displays individuals' career details much like a c.v. Under the MI5 heading for one former worker, he simply put "Not sure I can say....."

No comments: