A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Slowly showing its worth

Couple or so years ago a friend suggested I meet with someone he knew who was in the IT industry (and used to be a recruiter).

We met, had a chat, then had some beers.

Then lost contact but I sent him a message a few days ago after I found his name in LinkedIn. We connected (allows us to see each others' contacts). Today he sent me an email telling me he'd forwarded my details to a recruitment agent he knows well.

That's good.

I feel LinkedIn and openBC are suited for middle-term networking. They're not quick fixes if you suddenly need a job. But it's nice to see some positive things already happening.

No comments: