A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Bite, the second

Yesterday I wrote about a headhunter who I had contacted as a result of us both being members of LinkedIn and openBC.

Later on he sent me details about a position for which one of his clients was recruiting.

I looked at in detail this morning. It was a good match except for their requirement for telecommunications experience.

After a brief exchange of emails I phoned him - though I'm a techie (did someone say geek?) I prefer to talk rather than email.

Basically, I wanted him to send my details to his client if he felt that the telecommunications requirement wasn't that vital. He wasn't sure but agreed to do so. The client, a Nordic telecom company, was recruiting for a role in Frankfurt. Though they would consider UK as well. "No thanks", I said, "I'd prefer Frankfurt".

So, that's another bite.

No comments: