A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, November 10, 2005

More business network tools work

Yesterday I saw an advertisement for a job in Europe. I've seen it before and actually applied on-line, direct to the company.

I never received a reply. So, yesterday I searched LinkedIn for members who worked at that company. I found one who seems to be doing the role advertised.

LinkedIn doesn't give his name but did give his career details. Using their system I sent him (I'm assuming it's a man) a LinkedIn message asking if he could assist me finding someone who could consider me for the job advertised.

I hope they respond.

Then today I went through some openBC forums and contributed some of my view points. I believe that making such contributions, and assisting others, actually enhances your own "networking profile".

No comments: