A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Good start

The early phone call was in response to an application I'd made last week for a support manager job. Several agencies had advertised it and one had already agreed to put my name forward.

So the call this morning from another agency was too late, and too early, at the same time.

After advising the agent that my details had already been forwarded for this role I asked if he had anything else.

Actually he had, a rather novel role for the same client. He sent over the details and in many respects it suited my background - especially the more unusual aspects of it. I slightly amended my c.v. and he's forwarded it to his client (who are therefore now considering me for two different roles).

No comments: