A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, November 14, 2005

More like it

Today I applied for two jobs.

So, including yesterday, I've applied for four jobs this week. This equals the total for the whole of last week.

I also got a bite from an application I made yesterday. I phoned the agency this morning and the bloke who answered me said that they'd not only received my c.v. but had printed it off. But someone else was actually dealing with it and would call me back.

Within half an hour she called. Client is a big bank in the Docklands. Now, they were looking for someone with corporate tax and finance experience. Er. Not really. However, they were also looking for straight forward IT infrastructure PM experience plus coaching skills. That's more like it. So, my c.v. has gone to the bank.

No comments: