A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, November 21, 2005

Ordered

I quit dithering and ordered a book on IT architecture.

It's on the BCS reading list for the qualification and seems to be the one least totally techie.

I read one review which complained that it was badly written. And from its introduction (which was shown on Amazon) the writers could do with a lesson or two on, er, writing.

Well, in a couple of days I should find out if it's useful.

IT architecture seems to be all the rage these days. I'm not sure why. Having had run-ins with real architects (and, really, that's how any professional relationship with architects can be described - why are guns outlawed in the UK? In case we suddenly meet an architect.) I'm not sure I'd want to be called called an IT architect.

No comments: