A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Changing my database

The only time I've used my MS Access skills is to create a database to record my job applications.

At this rate I'll soon have made so many applications I'll need to upgrade to an Oracle system.

I record the name of the agency in a field, but until now the name of their client has gone in an unindexed text field for general comments. Recently I've found that I've sometimes forgotten that my details have already been sent to certain clients.

So, I've added some columns to the database table. These record the names of the companies, not just the recruitment agencies.

So, in the future, if an agency calls and names their client, I can quickly look up and see if they already have my c.v.

Did I say I have MS Access skills?

Today, I applied for no jobs and received no bites.

No comments: