A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Hipocrasy

This morning one of my readers, who knows me, contacted me by IM. He pointed out that maybe I shouldn't criticize others for poor writing when I clearly don't always proof read my own posts!

True but here's my excuses anway:

  1. This is a blog, so a level of roughness in the text should be acceptable (the cheeky response, I wonder if I'll get away with it)
  2. I'm not making money from this (although it would be nice, it's just that no-one does give me money for it)
  3. It's not a message sent directly to fellow professionals (although I know IT professionals do read this blog - quite right too). If it were I'd definitely proof read it, spell and grammar check it and try to get someone else to check it as well.
Maddox has encountered similar observations (about a 1/3 of the way down).

No comments: