A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, November 25, 2005

That's a relief

Whilst I was shopping my mobile bleeped. I was a bit slow getting to it so I missed the call and had to check the voice mail that was left.

It was the agency handling a contract job for the local government in a town near here. Two of my least favourite things.

His message was that his client's priorities have changed so they're not progressing with the recruitment.

Thank goodness. I had a nasty feeling that had I been interviewed I would have got the job and been stuck here. OK, I'm stuck here anyway but at least there's a glimmer of a hope I'll get a job elsewhere.

No comments: