A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Photographs

I've written before about how Germans send photographs of themselves with their c.v.s.

Most are pretty straightforward, professionally taken shots whilst they're wearing suits. A recruiter I know, however, received one where the picture was taken whilst the candidate was clearly on holiday, somewhere sunny.

Germans are like that: some are serious, others wacky and zany.

openBC is better than LinkedIn in many ways, including that it can display a little photograph of you. I find that very helpful.

Looking through a section for Germans I noticed one member. Her photograph was of her, shoulder upwards, in the shower, covered in lots of foam! And the surprising thing was that she has a serious role in a very dull and serious business.

No comments: