A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, November 28, 2005

Still not getting through

No matter how hard I try I'm just not getting the message through.

The first phone call I received today was on Skype. I had to search around for my headphones and microphone in darkness: I had only just switched on my laptop and hadn't yet gotten out of bed.

Anyway, it was a business partner. There was some good news: our venture is generating quite a bit of interest from potential customers. In fact, I think our business is doing as well as it can without actually creating any revenue. Hopefully that will change.

Whilst I was on Skype my mobile phone rang. Obviously couldn't answer it.

When I finished the Skype call I checked my voice mail. It was an agency responding to an application I made a few days ago.

Good, but disappointing that he'd called whilst I was still in bed.

No comments: