A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Slow afternoon

Obviously, I still need a job so did a big trawl after lunch.

This was made more than usually tortuous by the slowness of JobServe.

I also had problems sending out an email. I checked on my ISP's site's status page and it wasn't reporting any problems with its email service.

Anyway, eventually the email went out.

That's right. I applied for a job. Just the one. But it's the first of the week.

Whilst trawling I also watched a BBC webcase of the debate in Parliament on detention without trial for 90 days.

Readers should be aware that I'm based in England. It's a small country just off mainland Europe. It's had its ups and downs but managed to be the inspiration for almost every democratic, liberal and judical government system in the world today.

So, if Parliament is going to abandon centuries of English liberty and justice I thought it may be worth watching.

They're still going on at the moment. Normally there's a lot of donughting - surrounding the speaker with sitting MPs - but sometimes the cameras zoom out and you see that the House of Commons isn't that full.

Amazing, a massive assult on English liberty and a number of Members of Parliament, the only ones who can prevent it, aren't there.

No comments: