A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

Oh dear

I've been going through my emails, clearing out my inbox.

There was an email from openBC, the excellent business networking website. It was informing me that someone had added me as a contact.

Their tagline was "Get together - wherever your are" (my emphasis). Ouch. Easy typo to make.

OK, it happens and openBC's people are mainly non-English, being registered in Germany.

I really like the product and shot them off a friendly email pointing this out. Then I carried the trawl of my inbox.

The next email from was the BCS (I'm a member).

"You are extended an invertation to this event." I've never been to an invertation and I'm bloody well not going to go to one now.

I'm not going to shoot off an email. If British people can't be bothered to spell check, or even just proof read, a message from a professional organisation then I'm not going to be bothered to point out the howlers. Disappointed though.

BTW, these errors stood out, I wasn't scrutinising the texts for them.

No comments: