A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, November 14, 2005

More web-networking activity

To be good at networking you don't just sit there and wait for people to contact and assist you. No, you have to give.

I've recently posted some entries on openBC forums. One of the moderators sent a welcome message after my initial postings.

This moderator is a director of a headhunting firm. I looked up his details on LinkedIn (competitor to openBC). His details said he'd like to hear from people looking for new opportunities. So, I sent him an email and a bit later on gave him a call.

We had a really nice chat. Like me he actually finds openBC better than LinkedIn. But I have a feeling that LinkedIn has more members, though poorer functionality.

His company does a lot of recruitment in Germany - well, that just suits me fine. He had a few ideas and may get back to me.

No comments: