A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Well, er,

the slight improvement, well ...

This afternoon I couldn't find any jobs to which I could apply.

I did, however, phone an agency to whom I'd applied this morning. Fruitful chat really. They were going to put my name forward for the role they'd advertised. Also, the agent is going to talk to his colleagues on their European desk - they're looking for PMs for work on mainland Europe. So, that's another good bite.

Then again, I called the agency who were going to recommend me for an interview - assuming my salary requirements met their client's budgets. Turns out my minimum requirements are £10k more than what they're willing to pay.

Thanks for calling back guys.

It's all a bit turbulent at the moment. Some jobs are offering loads, others are ridiculously low.

No comments: