A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Oops

I tailor my c.v. for every application.

These days, however, the tailoring is slight. I mainly apply for project management, support management or release management roles. If the role is within the financial industry I put that fact in. If it's in Europe, I put the fact that I've worked in the Continent and had pan-European responsibility on the front page of my c.v.

I also use a near-standard covering e-mail. This highlights the pertinent facts in bullet points.

Today I saw a job to which I could apply with one of my usual set of bullet points. So I copied and pasted them into the covering email.

Perhaps I was bit too over-enthusiastic in this. I also pasted in the salutation, "Dear Kelvin" when the recipient was a Ross.

No comments: