A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, June 24, 2005

More slogging

Today I applied for six jobs.

From these I got two bites.

One was from an agency to whom I'd just sent an email. They liked my c.v. - thought I was ideal - but had just learnt that the client wanted someone with broadcasting experience. Well, I can't even say a lot of people read this blog. The agent didn't think it was necessary to have broadcasting experience and neither do I. If he can he'll send my c.v. to the client.

I count as a bite the other agency's response because it was positive although cursory. When I phoned up the agent he confirmed he'd received my c.v., said it looked good but couldn't look at it any more as he was so busy.

It counts because it indicates that my c.v. gives a positive first impression.

No comments: