A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Sunday, June 12, 2005

Sunday, start of the job hunting week

Not, though, if you've been moving flat.

I spent all of Friday job hunting. Then I spent just about all of Saturday packing and cleaning my flat.

I had a lot more to move as this time, for the first time ever, I had things like bedding, crockery and cutlery to more.

In all there was only about 2 cubed meters of stuff to pack. But it took a while. Plus I wanted to clean the flat thoroughly. I saw my landlord this morning and he returned my deposit without doing an inspection. After all that.

Around 11am a man with a van came along and took me and my posessions to a town in the southern coast of England, my family home. I'll be staying there until I get another job.

Staying in the crappy seaside town is a big incentive to get another job. But now I'm too tired.

And tomorrow I really must also read up about the client, to whom my previous employer has recommended me, plus the technology they want implemented. Plus look through probably over 1,000 job adverts.

No comments: