A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, June 14, 2005

More things that annoy

3. overenthusiastic mail controllers - these are the ones that reject my emails because my Reply To email address is different from my Sent From address.

Fortunately only a few recruiters have this stupid configuration set.

The reason I use a different Reply To address is so that I propogate my life-time address. This way, I never have to change my contact address (hopefully).

The service actually redirects to several addresses: my home address (depending upon ISP), my work address (when I have a job) and my mobile phone email address. The last is particularly useful. It means I get an SMS message on my phone when I receive an email.

When I'm out and about I can then use my Palm Pilot to retrieve the email message (using Bluetooth to connect to the mobile, which then sets up a GPRS channel to actually retrieve the message). So, effectively I have a push-email service.

This service is free - part of my mobile phone package.

The email redirection service is US $20 per year.

No comments: