A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Things that annoy me

  1. Writing a very long job description in English and right at the end putting "Fluency in Finnish required."
  2. 0870 numbers. Some agencies are doing this now. Although I think it's important to phone every time you send an email I won't if it's an 0870 number.

In case you don't know, companies with 0870 numbers get a fee from every call they receive. Quite a few companies use these numbers, including those handling queries and complaints.

There's a service which gives the non-0870 equivalent numbers for these. However, it doesn't catch every number.

No comments: