A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, June 23, 2005

Blimey

Today I applied for seven jobs.

From these I received two bites.

One - and this was an agency who phoned me back (rather than me phoning them and getting a positive response) - was recruiting for a company where I'd worked before. It was a very similar role to one applied for a few weeks ago, via another agency. So, it looks like this agency won't be able to help me: the other agency has "bagsie" for the next six months on any approach I make to that company.

But it's still a bite. And until today I hadn't received any bites this week. Just bad news from two places where I'd recently interviewed.

Until this week my ratio of applications to bites was 3:1. An all-time high. This week it's running at 7:1. Maybe things will improve tomorrow but I'll be despondent if the ratio goes back to 10:1.

[That is, for every 10 applications I get one bite - that's a positive response, not an necessarily an interview.]

No comments: