A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Round-up

Today I applied for three jobs.

This was after a trawl of maybe 4,000 or more jobs posted since Friday afternoon (I hadn't looked over the weekend as I was too busy packing etc).

One job was for a German-based company and would be located somewhere in Europe. Ideal, so I applied. A few hours later I received a reply that they had already recruited someone. Since posting the advert on Friday. That's German efficiency for you.

Another job was for a release manager and it was posted by a recruitment agent to whom I had spoken in September. I emailed and phoned him again after seeing this advert. It was for the same company! He said he'd send the job specification - that's a bite. But so far I haven't received anything. I'll chase him tomorrow.

The third advert was looking for someone with relocation and banking experience. Me, me, me.

I called the agent, had a good but quick chat, and she said she'd look through all the c.v.s and get back to me later today. She hasn't.

No comments: