A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

The early bird catches FA

Got up relatively early.

Tried to spend an hour going through jobs posted yesterday evening and today.

Couldn't find any.

So, I went to the gym just around the corner. Bit of exercise and use of the sauna.

Came back and phoned a couple of recruitment consultants I had used last year. They were of the good sort and had actually got me interviews. Spoke to one and left a message for the other.

Then went through JobServe, Monster and IT Job Board again.

Couldn't find a single thing worth an application.

In a little while I'm off to see a potential recruiter. She's warned me that they're not recruiting at the moment but may do later on.

Then I'm going to see a friend and hopefully a few glasses of alcohol and a few plates of food.

No comments: