A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, June 24, 2005

Encouraging

Over the last few days I've noticed some shockingly low rates. Much lower than I expected.

In fact one recruitment agent I called said that the role he was advertising was at a very low rate. He told me and I agreed. It wouldn't be economical to take that rate.

And of course on Monday I was messed around by an agency who tried to get me to agree to a rate well below my minimum.

I was talking to another agent today about this - he's happy for me to call him weekly to check if anything has cropped up. I told him my minimum rate and he was surprised and thought I was selling myself low! :-) Just what I like to hear.

No comments: