A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, June 06, 2005

Monday

Today it really feels that I haven't got a job.

I spend quite some time looking at the JobServe and Monster. As JobServe had some problems earlier on I also looked at the IT Job Board web site.

My result: one application.

I also took a phone call from the agency handling the interview in Hull. The client's feedback was more or less the same as mine. Which I'm quite pleased about.

I also phoned a couple of agencies with whom I spoke on Friday. In both cases they were going to put my c.v. to their client. So that means that from last week's 11 applications I had two bites. Not bad.

One of the agencies was handling a job I had done before. In fact done before for the same company. They've moved on quite a bit and I'm sure things have changed. So after a bit of oohing and aaaring I agreed that my c.v. could go forward.

No comments: