A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, June 16, 2005

More slogging

After lunch my Digimemo thing arrived.

But I didn't look at it straight away as it was just after 2pm.

And that's when I phone people I've emailed in the morning.

I got through to one person who was advertising for a "co-ordinator", rather than a project manager, for a contract role with a major bank. I wasn't sure if the job was too junior for me so I asked him what rate they would pay. He told me and that indicated it was senior enough (it was significantly more than I was earning in the last role). I asked him to put my name forward and he agreed. So that's a bite.

Another advertiser had an 0870 number. I couldn't find a normal number for his particular office. But I did find a normal number for the agency's London office. So I phoned that. They didn't have a non-0870 number for him. So, I told him I didn't want his 0870 number and I wasn't going to leave contact details for him to call me. I find it so low to use this number. Quite a few, if not most, people using it will be out of work.

I also phoned a few recruitment agents I've spoken to in the last weeks - just to keep contact. A couple didn't have any news for me regarding jobs for which I've applied. Way it goes.

Then I looked at my Digimemo. It's quite good and I'm sure will be useful when I get another job.

No comments: