A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Usual situation

Although it's been a good week, today I've felt a bit dismal. Maybe it's the tummy rot. Or maybe it's not having a job. Or maybe it's because I'm living where I'm living. Still.

I was longing to be called from an agency - any damn agency - to break the monotomy and to give me a feeling of progress. Did my mobile phone bleep?

I even phoned the agency I called yesterday - the one who said he'd phone back in 10 minutes.

He remembered me and apologised for not phoning back. No worries. We discussed the role he advertised. But, strangely, the company involved uses quite a few agencies plus their own recruitment system. Once you're on their system via one agency another agency can't submit your details - even if it's for a job no-one else is handling for the company.

Anyway, he said I had one of the more "promising c.v.s" he's seen (damn right it was) and he'd call me back later this afternoon to discuss other possible roles with other clients.

Did my mobile phone bleep?

No comments: