A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, September 22, 2005

And ...

I phoned an agency to whom I sent a c.v. yesterday.

It was for a PM role in a "tier 1" investment bank.

The agent said he hadn't actually gone through the c.v.s as the job hadn't yet gone live! Well, he then looked at my c.v. - whilst on the phone - and said he liked it.

He said he'll shortlist it and send it to the bank as soon as the job goes live.

This is good news, of course. It's a bite, naturally, and it shows - once again - that my c.v. is good.

(With all humbleness it should be. I've spent many hours on it, attended c.v.-related seminars, had it reviewed by friends, re-worked it then re-worked it again).

But I must admit I'm a bit peeved. "Live" jobs often get put on hold "indefinitely". All the agent has done so far is lined up people for a job that may not exist. And each application I write takes about half an hour.

Anyway, I'm only a bit peeved. I'm more glad that he liked my c.v. and has shortlisted me.

Today I applied for three jobs and received one bite.

No comments: