A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, September 02, 2005

Back

BTW mobile phones work fine in Tallinn. So there was no reason for agencies not to call.

One waited until I had landed back in England, yesterday late afternoon, and was just about to go through passport control.

You're not supposed to use mobile phones as you go through these check points and, considering how trigger-happy our security forces are, it'd be suicide not to comply with this.

So, I asked the agency to call back in 10 minutes.

This morning he called. He had a role, or rather roles, for project managers. It all sounded good although he did say I didn't have the size of budget responsibility for which they were looking. Nevertheless I seemed to match every other criterion.

Oh, except that I'd need SC level security clearance. No problems getting this, I've never been naughty. However, I know it can take six months to get this clearance so most recruiters prefer people who already have it.

He'll get back to me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We usually get our guys through security clearance in much less time,
S