A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

More of the same

Last evening I applied for a very highly paid job. Much higher than jobs to which I can normally apply. But this one seemed to fit quite well.

I eventually got through to the agent.

He asked if he could call me back in 10 minutes.

Now, I know 10 minutes hardly ever means 10 minutes. (I mean, have you ever waited when a girl says she'll be five minutes? I once waited when a girl said she'd be 15 minutes. I'm not doing that again unless I've just eaten. A big meal.)

But that was 4pm and now it's close to 7pm.

Not surprised but a bit disappointed.

Today I applied for four jobs. I received one bite.

No comments: