A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, September 27, 2005

c.v. quandry

Bother.

Today I applied for a job which wanted skills and experiences including relocation project management and investment banking.

Me, me, me.

I later called the recruiter.

She wanted more details about my last role. This was the interim manager job where I received an award for my project management of the company's relocation of IT.

Well, I dutifully amended my c.v. but it went over two pages. She was fine about this - four pages were her maximum.

It would have gone to 2 1/2 pages but by careful spacing I stretched it to 2 1/4 pages.

I dunno. I so much prefer two pages but it's difficult to fit in everything. Three pages and it seems a bit too spaced out. And in any case I prefer succinctness.

In a few days time I might play around with my c.v. a bit more - have a three-page version just for PM jobs.

No comments: