A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

The interview

Yesterday I went to Soho (London) for an interview with a web design agency. I was recommended to them by a friend.

The invitation stated that dress was informal and hence I went there dressed like an American in Europe (or rather an American business-man in Europe) rather than in my usual City suit and silk tie. I still wore my extremely polished shoes.

Although the interview was only slated for half-an-hour it lasted for 40 minutes. Near the end the interview tried to find the MD so I could have a chat with her. She wasn't around, however, as the interviewer feared, and in anycase she hadn't been booked in to see me.

Did it go well?

I think it went alright. I'd rather like to do this line of PM work. Actually think I'd do it rather well.

The interviewer stressed that they'd have to see if I'd match any upcoming requirements from clients. So it be could next week, next month or further out before they'd find such a match. We'll see.

No comments: