A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Oh ...

I'm still not getting through to people, am I? How many times have I written here that I shouldn't be called unreasonably early?

Well, I was called this morning at 8:30! For goodness sake!

!

Fortunately my mobile was set to sensible mode so I wasn't woken by it.

When I did wake up, just after 9am I found I had a voice mail from a recruitment agent.

He was responding to an email I'd sent at 8pm last night. As he couldn't get through to me he was sending my c.v. over to the client, and sending me a link to his client's website.

Great, so that's a bite.


... fuck

Except that on Friday I was called by an agency in response to an application I'd made. This agent didn't tell me the name of the company but it sounds very much like the same company handled by the agency who called me this morning.

So that means two different agencies have forwarded my details to the same company, for the same role.

And the second one did this without talking to me first. Naughty. Admittedly, as the first agency hadn't told me the name of the client it would have been difficult for me to definitely identify the company. Especially as I'd just woken up.

But nonetheless it may cause problems down the line ...

... if there is a line.

As I mentioned yesterday this job seems to be advertised by quite a few agencies. I called another one to whom I'd also applied. He mentioned an angle to the job which hadn't been emphasized before. Not too strong on this angle, me. Nevertheless he would have forwarded my c.v. to his client until I confirmed that he was advertising the same job as the other two (and more) agencies.

No comments: