A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Friday, September 30, 2005

Prague

For probably two years, maybe more, I had been working with an agency about a role with a very large multi-national company based in Prague.

In fact, they even flew me out for an interview. And a few months ago they called me, out of the blue, about flying me about again.

I've heard nothing since. Which was fair enough as I've kinda given up on them. The money wasn't that great. Well, it was for Czech standards but any trips back to England would be very expensive.

Also, I wasn't too sure about working full-time for a company who were so disorganised. They didn't encourage any feelings of confidence.

But yesterday I saw an advert for freelance project managers in Prague. It was advertised by the same agency and I suspected it was for the same company.

I phoned them today and was proved to be right.

The agent recognised me and said she'd put my name on the top of the pile.

I'm more relaxed about a contract role with this company. The money would be better and I wouldn't be stuck in Prague on an indefinite basis.

But I'm not holding out, oh no.

No comments: