A diary based on my latest attempts to get a job; this time in Munich. I'm an engineering graduate (and chartered engineer) with more than 10 years' experience in IT. Over five of these years have been spent in team leading and project management roles both in the UK and abroad.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Big round-up

Guess it's time for a big round-up. But first ...

Last week

Last week I applied for 18 jobs. This eventually resulted in five bites.

Two of these bites were received today but they resulted from applications made last week, so I included in last week's totals. Like it really matters.

Last three months

Here's the big one. I've been unemployed since June 1st. That's just over three months.

So, let's see how I've done:

  • 164 applications which is roughly 47 applications per month
  • I've received 39 bites which means an application to bite ratio of c 4:1, not bad, not bad at all
  • so far, I've attended 6 interviews, that is a bite to interview ratio of c 7:1
  • I also received one offer which I rejected as the agency didn't correctly (let's put it like that) communicate the rate
I could do a nice graph but I'm not going to.

No comments: